February 21, 2013

Coveted | Spring and Summer

Hello beautiful.
Spring is upon us… actually in Canada one feels a little confused with the weather. But spring is here and it’s time to start playing with colours, prints and cuts.

You liked that intro didn't you? Dare I say it? I am a colour-virgin. I don’t usually wear bright coloured clothing. I reserve fun colours for my face.

Another tidbit is I usually wear semi-conservative clothes. When I was in my teens I was never allowed to wear bikinis, short-shorts, mini-skirts… God help me if I even contemplated wearing a micro-mini. Basically everything mini was band.

Do I regret this? Sometimes. I never got to wear a bikini when I had a flat stomach.

As I've gotten older dressing conservatively is my safe zone. I don’t mind it and it actually is my defined style.

I wanted to share with you my first inspirational board for this spring/summer:

Stripe Dress With Cut Out Back By Love
Emmy Demi Wedge By Tory Burch
Kelsey Middy Satchel By Tory Burch
Falling Leaf Stud Earrings By Astley Clarke
Moonlight Star Mosaic Bangle By Astley Clarke

Keep in mind it's an inspirational board... these items are a bit pricey.
I have always wanted to buy something for the Astley Clarke website but I am too nervous. What if the duty fees are super high!?

I realize this isn't that conservative but you get the picture.

Kiss and Hugs

7 comments:

  1. I hardly wear colour too! I really like these styles of dresses :) I nominated you for the Liebster award see my questions for you here: http://amberluiselove.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html I know some people don't like these posts (myself included) but I would really love to hear your answers to these questions? :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn it! I was going to nominate you. I was nominated by someone else yesterday! I totally understand what you mean. Tonight or tomorrow will be my turn to contact people.
      Thank you for tagging/nominating me!

      Wow… I had to repost this a couple times… Fail.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous dress! I'm a monochrome girl as well, I find it hard to mix colour in with my outfits!

    You have a lovely blog.. New follower!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!



      p.s.
      I love your hair! I've been growing mine out for what seems like forever.

      Delete
  3. I love the dress, bag and the pear necklace is so adorable :)

    Tanesha
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want to buy the necklace so bad but I'm scared to get screwed over with duty fees! :'(




      Delete

Hey Pretty Bee! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will try to get back to YOU ASAP! I will on occasion leave a heart () as a reply… meaning I read your comment