March 12, 2013

Appraised | Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, Estée Lauder

I know.
My skin is looking better everyday and here I am buying a full coverage foundation.
I have been eyeing Estée Lauder foundations for a little while.  It all started when they launched Invisible Fluid Makeup last summer.

 Before that  I had always thought of Estée Lauder as a mature women's brand.  I now realize that they cater to a variety of women.  They even have blue/purple/green mascara!
And yes,  I do want to buy one of those mascaras. The blue one... Maybe the purple. Or green? I don't know.

Any-who, back to the foundation.

This foundation retails for about $43 (CAD). It is a medium to full coverage foundation.
It has no shimmer, no SPF and comes in a variety of undertones.

I've been wearing this for the past week and have the inkling that this will soon become my holy grail full coverage foundation. I can't say that it is  yet but it's sure climbing to the top.

Disclaimer:
I realize my eye shadow is looking crazy but it's only because I tried making a video for you.

My colour is 2W2 Rattan.
I absolutely love how yellow this foundation is.



I just can't stop wearing it.
I wear it as a concealer during the week and on weekends I wear a full face.


I'm in love again. I've been finding it really hard to love products lately. And that's why I didn't do February Favourite.
By the way the fragrance I have been wearing all month is called In Love Again. I had no idea it was limited edition. I guess I could have included it in my February Favourites.

Here are some pictures to demonstrate the finish. 
I'm such a model... lol. Sometimes it feels funny posing for these pictures.

 

It's been a long day and I'm feeling a bit crazy. 
So I wanted to share with you my crazy-smiley-eyes.


The following is the face I make after spending 2.5 hrs making a video only to realize that my eye shadow is uneven.
As I said earlier I tried making a video.
Part of the video was me applying the foundation... Apparently I don't know how to blend.
BTW, would you like me to do the 'No Mirror Make-up Challenge?'


My artistic abilities are sooooo good. I know you thought those glasses were real!

Alright.
It's bedtime.
Kisses and hugs.

*Random Update*
If you leave this foundation outside, lets say in your car, overnight at -9⁰C it wont freeze.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh I love watching no mirror make up challenges, go for it! On another note I have been searching for the right foundation for ages so I might have a go with the estee lauder one! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to record one sometime soon! I'm thinking it should be pretty easy for me... I do my everyday make-up while driving (no mirror).

      I think that's illegal. Shh don't tell.


      Delete
  2. i've been wanting the estee lauder double wear for a while, it seems to be the perfect high coverage foundation - i love the idea of using it as a concealer too, i'll have to try that with my current foundation!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

  3. HELLO BEAUTIFUL! Today by chance I have known your blog, and as always I say; between sisters bloggers should be supported and I already I have given my support joining your community of followers! It was a surprise, I see that each time there are blogs of high quality I do not know and I am pleased to have found! I invite you to my own, I hope you like it and encourages you to give me your support! We keep in touch! Good luck and very grateful for your new friendship!KEYKOAMODEL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Hola preciosa! Gracias por tu comentario. ¡Absolutamente amo aquellas botas que te has comprado!


      Delete
  4. I really want to give double-wear a try but I have been so reluctant to part with my money. hahah. Lovely post. Your artistic abilities are impeccable.

    waitealittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my heart fluttered a little when I saw the price.
      And thanks! I probably was Picasso in a past life.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful face! I love estee lauder too! I'm also in shade rattan. I'm a single mother on a tight budget and I can afford it. You desrve it! You can always get samples first.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Pretty Bee! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will try to get back to YOU ASAP! I will on occasion leave a heart () as a reply… meaning I read your comment