May 31, 2013

Health | Update: Mini Biggest Loser 120.0lbs and Home Life


Okay, so I didn't win.

Don‘t judge me, I lost the 4.4 lbs I had intentionally gained and placed 8th out of 10. That’s a start.  The winner lost a whopping 18 lbs. After the final weigh-in we headed down to a smokehouse for some fried goodness. I order pulled pork with sweet potato fries. Yum.
I’m sitting here thinking, so what if I didn't win? Did I even try? Nope. One thing that I did take away is the importance of making my own lunch.

Now for me the definition of making my own lunch is simply this: Bring food from home.
But does making your own lunch really save you money? In short, it does if you know what you’re doing. If you’re like me you’ll spend way too much, not eat the food and produce will spoil. It’s been trial and error.

I still live with my family and buying my own groceries has been a little difficult. While on this challenge I tried to purchase items that were easy and tasted good because I was using the minimizing portions method. Unfortunately, my family also thought the items I bought were yummy so I was constantly going back to the store. Like I said before, Mr.B is financially savvy and so I base ‘some’ of my spending habits on what he spends. By the way he eats clean too. He doesn't eat fast food! So sad lol. So, Mr. B spends around $40-$50 weekly, not only on food but cleaning supplies and toiletries. I obviously can't include my toiletries because that budget wouldn't cover my 'Monthly' expenses. Wink Wink... Don't be scared but I use to spend $400-$500 a month on food. Crazy!

During the last two weeks I cracked down on my grocery shopping. I forced myself to buy proper health foods. Turns out that people don’t get cravings for spinach in my house.
Like I have said before, I don’t generally eat large meals at dinner unless I go out with Mr. B. Some weeks I go out 5 times for dinner after having eaten a big lunch. Honestly I’m not usually hungry but seeing him eat or having food infront of me makes me over-eat. In my household we weren't allowed to leave food on the plate. The urge to finish the meal sometimes takes over and I’m left with a tummy ache.

When I have bought groceries it has always been for breakfast and lunch. I have now started to eat lighter all day just in case we go out.

Current weekly grocery list in as follows:
Baby Spinach
Box of Mandarins
Tangerines
Fuji Apples
Activia Yogurt or YOP
Cheerios or Mini-Wheat’s
1 L box of Partially Skimmed Milk (Surprisingly no one touches this, they feel it taste like water)
Because some items last longer they are sporadically included on my grocery list:
Pecans
Mousto Balsamic Vinegar

Some bad habits that I’m working on…  Every now and gain I buy coffee in the morning even though it’s provided at work. Also, I buy bottled water. I just can’t do it. I can’t drink tap water. I know bottled water is almost exactly the same as tap water (in most cases).I know that bottled water factories have the identical issue that all city water mains have. Build-up of deposits. Now if you've never seen how bad it can get here’s a picture.


Just to clarify minerals are not bad for you in small quantities and the water is treated with Cholrine so it disinfects the water just in case there might be a disease in the water. At least in Canada that’s how we do it.

Even before I went to college and found out that water mains can be quite gross I always hated the taste. The guys at work make fun of me but I swear tap water tastes metallic, dirty and can sometimes stink.

Anyway back to the point of the post, I fluctuate 5 lbs daily depending on hormones and the food I eat. I would like 110lbs to be my average. Currently I don’t feel motivated but I have forced myself to go on walks with Mr. B and swim. My body has changed and I can actually feel abs under my chubbiness.
For the people that say nothing tastes better than being skinny…. You don’t even know.
Maybe one day I will be like you but for now I will finish the pizza I’m eating.
Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Pretty Bee! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will try to get back to YOU ASAP! I will on occasion leave a heart () as a reply… meaning I read your comment